For every 100g of fresh legumes you'll get about 9g of fiber, which is about 25% of your daily nutritional value. Eating plenty of fiber, which is the indigestible parts of plant food, can protect against digestive problems, heart disease as well as some cancers. High fiber diets require a higher level of hydration for efficient digestive flow, so drink plenty more water.
• Take a dip with a few handfuls of cannellini beans, 2 garlic gloves, spoon of lemon juice and olive oil and a pinch of cayenne pepper and Himalayan sea salt. Puree in a blender and enjoy as a binge snack.
• In a hot oiled pan, sear up 2 spoons of beans with diced onion, Himalayan sea salt, paprika and shredded chicken. Wrap in a garlic spinach tortilla for a quick lunch.
• Mix some black-eyed beans with chopped onion, chili, fresh garlic, diced tomato, Himalayan sea salt and a squeeze of lime to make a great salsa for a mid day snack.
• Create your own bean salad to add to a protein rich dinner by mixing black beans, chickpeas, fresh corn, chopped onion, coriander and cucumber in a salad bowl. Drizzle some avocado oil, Himalayan sea salt and sesame seeds.
• Mexiterranean pizza dinner is an all time favorite. Prepare a whole wheat pizza base of your choosing (I like thin crust). Top with desired protein, kidney beans and shredded pepper jack cheese.